play.madblock.com
? Players Online
Click to Copy

[Suggestion] Disable Cosmetics

Discussion in 'Feedback & Ideas' started by Aristiq, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aristiq

Aristiq New Member

Heya,
    I’m here to suggest two things related to costmetics which would positively benefit the server.
    First off, a “disable all costmetics” button on the GUI. It’s pretty self explanatory as to what it does, and would make it faster for players, and easier to navigate for that matter.
    Secondly, on joining a game, cosmetics are automatically disabled. This is something I’d really like to see as I enjoy my particles in the hub, but in game it’s annoying and affects gameplay.
    Hope these are both taken into consideration,
    Ari xox​

2. ughbailey

ughbailey Moderator

Thank you for your feedback/ideas!

3. JacobRuby

JacobRuby Developer
    Developer

Haiyo!

We've considered something like this before. However, we feel that this would defeat the purpose of having cosmetics in the first place. If a player sees a particle that he doesn't have, he might consider purchasing a crate or a rank from the store. If you remove the ability to see cosmetics at will, then this results in less people wanting to have those cosmetics.

As far as disabling particles in-game, this isn't the way that they were designed. They are meant to be always active, even in games. If you wish, you can disable particles in the lobby after you're done using them.

Thanks for the suggestion!
    -Ruby

4. Runkia

Runkia Media
    Head Moderator Media

Basically what Jacob said!

Adding on, I understand why some people might want to disable cosmetics in preferences so you don't see them; in case they're large and annoying or everyone has them. However, we don't have an issue with too many players having cosmetics as well as the fact that we will try our best to design cosmetics in such a way that they aren't large, bulky, and affect gameplay hugely.

Cosmetics will be pretty, and workable.

As for in-game, I feel that they should stay enabled unless there is a game like Hide &seek which would require them to be disabled; but I'm sure problems like these would be sorted and they would be disabled then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.